“The University’s location in the heart of beautiful Ann Arbor offers unrivaled access to the cultural richness of the University and the community, with exceptional museums, galleries, performance venues, entertainment, sports, and outdoor spaces.”
It’s apparent the University wants to highlight the heart of our beautiful city to their students and donors but the periphery of their campus may be utilized for industrial sites, even when it is co-located with neighborhoods where their own professors, staff, physicians, alumni and supporters live.
Here is what they are proposing moving next to our much loved neighborhoods. Scenes from the current Kipke station bus yard:
- Write the U-M Regents, President & our State Reps
- Sign the petition
- Connect with neA2cc on Facebook, twitter.
- Sign up for updates on our website.
- Attend the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting at U-M Dearborn. Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can organize.
- Share with your friends, family, neighbors and get their support. Many neighbors are still unaware of the proposed bus yard!
NEW ACTION ITEMS_____________________________________________
- Post this flier up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Comment on the UM Bus Yard Permit request on the MDEQ Website.