Many have started to receive responses from President Schlissel’s office. If you have received a response, please respond with a message that our concern around the lack of information about the pollution, noise and safety of adding this bus yard to our neighborhood. Ask him to pause the project until we can get some answers.
Pause until we have answers around the pollution, noise and safety impact of this bus yard in our neighborhood.
These words and phrases will be the laser focused theme for this initial campaign leading up to the Regent’s meeting on 3/17 at 3pm at Fairlane Center South on the campus of UM-Dearborn.
If you send one, please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Example of message we are getting from the President’s office:
The President’s Office has asked me to respond to your email regarding the proposed North Campus Transportation and Operations facility.
Following a recent meeting with residents, it was made clear that the university should be more thoughtful and responsive to neighborhood concerns when planning a facility that borders a residential neighborhood.
Please be assured that it is our intention to consider your feedback, as we take some time to evaluate our plans and develop a more comprehensive response.
Thank you for your thoughtful message.
- Write the U-M Regents, President & our State Reps
- Sign the petition
- Connect with neA2cc on Facebook, twitter.
- Sign up for updates on our website.
- Attend the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting at U-M Dearborn. Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can organize.
- Share with your friends, family, neighbors and get their support. Many neighbors are still unaware of the proposed bus yard!
NEW ACTION ITEMS_____________________________________________
- Post this flier up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Comment on the UM Bus Yard Permit request on the MDEQ Website.