When we saw this map, it really hit home.
Can you find your house?
Your friends’ houses?
How about the day care center right across the street?
How about the Green Baxter Court park in direct view?
Do you know how close the bus yard is to the families across Green Road? About 225 ft. That’s 75 meters. That’s 1 1/2 laps in a neighborhood pool.
Do you know that the buses will be running 22 hours a day, 7 days a week, up to 60 vehicles PER HOUR?
Do you know that we don’t have any answers to the pollution, noise and safety impact on our neighborhood? How will this impact the health of our children? We don’t know.
This is why we care so much.
We are asking the University to pause this project until we can get some answers. We don’t believe it’s too much to ask. It’s a reasonable request.
We are asking the University to involve our community in the process. We don’t believe it’s too much to ask. It’s a reasonable request.
We are asking the University to respect our culturally diverse and highly engaged neighborhood. We don’t believe it’s too much to ask. It’s a reasonable request.
If you haven’t signed the petition yet…
If you haven’t shared our cause with your friends and family…
Will this help to move you? We hope so and we thank you for caring.
- Write the U-M Regents, President & our State Reps
- Sign the petition
- Connect with neA2cc on Facebook, twitter.
- Sign up for updates on our website.
- Attend the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting at U-M Dearborn. Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can organize.
- Share with your friends, family, neighbors and get their support. Many neighbors are still unaware of the proposed bus yard!NEW ACTION ITEMS_____________________________________________
- Post this flier up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Comment on the UM Bus Yard Permit request on the MDEQ Website.