Dear Neighbors and Supporters,
We got our PAUSE! By coming together as a community and banning together as one voice, we were able to get the University to acknowledge our concerns and agree to work with us. This is excellent news. Thanks to the leadership team for being the driving force behind the scenes and a special shout out to Linh Song, our fearless and tireless leader!
BUT, this is not the time to sit back and let the “due process” take over. This is the time to turn UP THE HEAT and build on this momentum. We need a STRONG showing at the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting (Fairlane Center, 48128, 19000 Hubbard Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126). We have three speakers coordinating their presentations and we need at least 20 bodies in the audience to show support.
If you are planning to attending, please fill out this form so we can organize the attendees for a powerful showing.
We will have additional information on how to comment on the UM Permit request on the MDEQ website soon. Until it’s actually pulled down, we need to continue to comment on it.
Thank you for all your support and let’s keep turn up the heat until we get that answers we need. Our neighborhoods and our families are worth it!
EMAIL from Jim Kosteva received by the leadership team:
Green Road area neighbors,
Attached is a letter from President Schlissel with an update regarding the proposed Transportation Operations Center.
This message is being sent to those who attended the neighborhood meeting and provided emails via the sign-in sheet, also to City representatives and the nea2cc group. Hard copies will be forwarded on Monday to all property owners originally notified of the February 25th meeting.
You are welcome to pass along comments or questions to my attention.
UM Director of Community Relations
- Write the U-M Regents, President & our State Reps
- Sign the petition
- Connect with neA2cc on Facebook, twitter.
- Sign up for updates on our website.
- Attend the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting at U-M Dearborn. Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can organize.
- Share with your friends, family, neighbors and get their support. Many neighbors are still unaware of the proposed bus yard!
NEW ACTION ITEMS_____________________________________________
- Post this flier up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Comment on the UM Bus Yard Permit request on the MDEQ Website.