Turn that PAUSE into a STOP
We got our pause and the acknowledgment that the University should have been more thoughtful and responsive when considering a development next to a residential area. However, we did not got our STOP.
Our new message to rally around is No Bus Yards in Neighborhoods. In the upcoming days, we will communicate our next campaign strategy. However, our immediate milestone is the UM Regents Meeting at UM Dearborn this Thursday. We have 30 people planning to attend and would welcome more support. Meeting Attendance Form to get updates & coordinate.
- Date/Time: 3pm Thursday 3/17
- Location: Fairlane Center, 48128, 19000 Hubbard Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126
- 3:00pm (note time change): Meet as a group in front of the Center to coordinate and for a photo. There maybe opportunities for us to talk to the media. We will send out a fact sheet for us to review before Thursday.
- 3:30pm (note time change): Presentations begin. Our speakers are scheduled to go on at 3:30pm.
- What to Bring:
Signs that share our position. Use #nogreenroadbusyard on the sign.
– I am neA2! List out all the things that you are… mom, dad, grandma, doctor, professor, teacher, hockey mom, football fan etc…
- Write the U-M Regents, President & our State Reps
- Sign the petition
- Connect with neA2cc on Facebook, twitter.
- Sign up for updates on our website.
- Attend the 3/17 3pm U-M Regents Meeting at U-M Dearborn. Let us know if you are planning to attend so we can organize.
- Share with your friends, family, neighbors and get their support. Many neighbors are still unaware of the proposed bus yard!NEW ACTION ITEMS____________________
- Post this flier up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms, day cares, schools etc… Pass out to the parents on your kids’ sports teams, music lessons, swim lessons, tutoring centers etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Comment on the UM Bus Yard Permit request on the MDEQ Website.