Plan on attending the Thursday April 21st Regents Meeting 3pm at Anderson Room, Michigan Union and show your support!
We are working on getting our five speakers lined up to represent specific areas of expertise on the case against placing the bus yard on the proposed site.
You will be asked to identify yourselves during the meeting to show support. The show of support will be powerful, respectful and visual. More information to come but if you have ideas, please share at email@example.com!
Our goal is to get 100+ people with their kids at the meeting to make an impact. Watch this powerful video where UM students silently protested against tuition practices at the university back in 2012.
- Continue writing letters! It’s working. If you’ve already written a letter to the UM Regents & President, please write another one with the following points:
- Thank the President and the Regents for acknowledging the situation and putting the project pause.
- Tell them that you look forward to working on a favorable conclusion. Our favorable conclusion being a non-residential location for the bus yard.
- Reiterate any major concerns you may have about noise, traffic, watershed impact or other issues.
- Request a plan from the University towards our next steps that involve our community input.
- Inform them that you will be attending the April 21 UM Regents meeting.
- Share your story about our neighborhood and the impact it will have on your family.
- Invite them to the annual Glacier Highlands Memorial Day Parade on Monday May 30th at 10am.
- If you are affiliate with the University in anyway, please call out in the letter.
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share in our folder of letters.
- Continue working on getting your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, fellow sports team parents etc… to sign the petition. We have 700 signatures and need 300 to reach 1000 signatures by the April 21st Regents meeting.
- Print out this flier and post up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms, day cares, schools etc… Pass out to the parents on your kids’ sports teams, music lessons, swim lessons, tutoring centers etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Plan on attending the Thursday April 21st Regents Meeting in Ann Arbor and bring your family and friends!