What’s your name?
How long have you lived in northeast Ann Arbor?
Where did you move from?
Why did you choose this neighborhood?
Because it’s a family oriented, value driven neighborhood
Tell us about your family
A close knit family of 5, well-educated with high degrees.
What concerns you the most about the proposed bus yard?
It will negatively impact the quality of life for the children, including infants, which I care for in my daycare.
What would you like our University neighbors to know about neA2?
Our community believes the proposed bus yard will severely detriment our neighborhood, and we prefer if you examine alternate locations for the yard, preferably in an industrial region, rather than a residential one.
- Continue writing letters! It’s working. If you’ve already written a letter to the UM Regents & President, please write another one with the following points:
- Thank the President and the Regents for acknowledging the situation and putting the project pause.
- Tell them that you look forward to working on a favorable conclusion. Our favorable conclusion being that they relocate their plans for the bus yard to a non-residential location.
- Reiterate any major concerns you may have about noise, traffic, watershed impact or other issues.
- Request a plan from the University towards our next steps that involve our community input.
- Inform them that you will be attending the April 21 UM Regents meeting.
- Share your story about our neighborhood and the impact it will have on your family.
- Invite them to the annual Glacier Highlands Memorial Day Parade on Monday May 30th at 10am.
- If you are affiliate with the University in anyway, please call out in the letter.
- cc: email@example.com so we can share in our folder of letters.
- Continue working on getting your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, fellow sports team parents etc… to sign the petition. We have 704 signatures and need 296 to reach 1000 signatures by the April 21st Regents meeting.
- Print out this flier and post up on the community boards of local restaurants, stores, gyms, day cares, schools etc… Pass out to the parents on your kids’ sports teams, music lessons, swim lessons, tutoring centers etc…. Help us continue to get the word out!
- Plan on attending the Thursday April 21st Regents Meeting in Ann Arbor and bring your family and friends!